Our Springdale Garage Door Mechanic Are Here To Help!
There could be a number of reasons why your garage door will not open. It can range anywhere from a dead transmitter battery to a broken spring. I’m going to go through all different possibilities so that you can better determine what the problem is. Let’s start with the easy one, dead battery. Simple solution, change the battery in your transmitter and reprogram it. Press the bottom and one of two things will happen:
- your garage door will open or
- your garage door will not open. If the door will not open, there are a few things you can check for.
Look at your springs. There are 2 different types of springs; extension springs (which are located on either side of your track) and torsion springs (which are located directly above your door on a shaft).
If you see that your spring has a separation, that means it is broken and ALWAYS call a trained professional. When dealing with springs, it can be very dangerous do to the tension built up behind then.
Picture this, your door is your body and the springs are your muscles. Without muscles it is impossible for your body to function properly.
The same goes for your garage door. Now, let say your springs appear to be fine, that’s when you should turn your attention to the garage door operator.
Pull the red cord till it clicks (not always straight down, but sometimes in the direction of the motor or the door). Once again there are several things to look for.
The most obvious is a hanging chain. This can happen if you have a stripped gear which occurs when the teeth on the gear wear down and there is nothing for the chain to catch on.
The gear is inside the motor and when it spins it pulls the chain, along with the help of the springs, to move your door up and down.
Ok, so after evaluating the physical appearance of your motor, let’s say the chain is taut and there doesn’t seem to be anything wrong with the gear. There is a good chance it is your logic board, or in other words, the “brain” of your operator.
If has recently stormed and was hit my lightening your logic board will need to be replaced or sometimes the whole unit will need to be replaced. These are just a few signs to look for when your garage door is on the blink.
Call us at Hog Country Garage Doors for a FREE estimate.
We’ll send a technician to your house to help discover the problems and possibilities. They are not only knowledgeable and professional; but licensed and insured.
- Broken Torsion Spring
- Broken Extension Spring
- Door off track Stripped
- Gear Inside Motor Sensor problems
These are just some of the problems homeowners may encounter. Our job is to determine if garage door repair or replacement is needed. We will give you your options and help you make the right decision.
Our technicians ensure you understand what is going and welcome any questions you may have. Same day service, and 24/7 emergency garage door repair. So give us a call for a free estimate. 479-871-1830
- Broken spring replacements
- Garage door and opener replacements
- Adding decorative windows and insulation
- Custom made garage doors made by you
- Garage door accessories
- Multiple brands
- Locally and family owned
- Low price guaranteed we will beat any competitors price.
- Call today for a free estimate!!
- Fayetteville Garage Door Repair
- Springdale Garage Door Repair
- Rogers Garage Door Repair
- Lowell Garage Door Repair
- Bentonville Garage Door Repair
- BellaVista Garage Door Repair
- Centerton Garage Door Repair
- Greenland Garage Door Repair
- Johnson Garage Door Repair
- Elkins Garage Door Repair
- Spring Valley Garage Door Repair
- Tontitown Garage Door Repair
- Elm Springs Garage Door Repair
- Cave Springs Garage Door Repair
- Healing Springs Garage Door Repair
- Sonora Garage Door Repair
- Mayfield Garage Door Repair
- Bethel Heights Garage Door Repair
- Monte Ne Garage Door Repair
- Vaughn Garage Door Repair
- Hiwasse Garage Door Repair
- Little Flock Garage Door Repair
- Avoca Garage Door Repair
- Lost Bridge Garage Door Repair
- Garfield Garage Door Repair
- Pea Ridge Garage Door Repair
- Prairie Creek Garage Door Repair
- Goshen Garage Door Repair
© Hog Country Garage Doors™ 2016 – The Fastest & Easiest Way To Get Your Garage Door Repaired
64802, 64803, 64804, 64831, 64840, 64841, 64842, 64843, 64844, 64847, 64850, 64853, 64854, 64856, 64858, 64861, 64863, 64864, 64865, 64866, 64867, 64868, 64873, 64874, 65605, 65610, 65611, 65623, 65624, 65625, 65631, 65633, 65641, 65647, 65654, 65656, 65658, 65675, 65681, 65686, 65705, 65708, 65723, 65728, 65730, 65734, 65737, 65745, 65747, 65769, 65772, 66713, 66770, 66778, 67336, 72613, 72616, 72624, 72631, 72632, 72638, 72660, 72670, 72701, 72702, 72703, 72704, 72711, 72712, 72714, 72715, 72716, 72717, 72718, 72719, 72721, 72722, 72727, 72728, 72729, 72730, 72732, 72733, 72734, 72735, 72736, 72737, 72738, 72739, 72740, 72741, 72742, 72744, 72745, 72747, 72749, 72751, 72752, 72753, 72756, 72757, 72758, 72760, 72761, 72762, 72764, 72765, 72766, 72768, 72769, 72770, 72773, 72774, 72776, 72852, 72854, 72934, 72946, 72948, 72959, 74331, 74333, 74335, 74338, 74339, 74340, 74342, 74343, 74344, 74345, 74346, 74347, 74349, 74350, 74354, 74355, 74358, 74359, 74360, 74363, 74364, 74365, 74366, 74367, 74368, 74370, 74427, 74444, 74451, 74452, 74457, 74464, 74465, 74471, 74931, 74960, 74964, 74965